JCDecaux wins Leeds shopping mall ads contract
JCDecaux, the outdoor media owner, has been awarded the £4m seven-year digital outdoor advertising contract for Trinity Leeds, the Land Securities shopping mall set to open in central Leeds next year.
Trinity: artist's impression of the soon to be completed Leeds shopping centre
JCDecaux's rival Clear Channel, which recently won a contract for Westfield's regional shopping centres, is understood to have made a bid for the contract.
Trinity Leeds is thought to be the only major large-scale retail and leisure destination that will open in 2013 and from spring 2013 JCDecaux will sell advertising on 22 digital six-sheets inside the centre.
The centre will house Mango, H&M, Topshop, Fossil, and Marks & Spencer, amomg others, as well as restaurants from D&D, Yo Sushi, Giraffe and Carluccio’s and the first Everyman cinema outside London.
Sean Curtis, portfolio marketing manager for Land Securities, said Trinity Leeds would establish the city as one of the UK’s top four retail destinations, "just behind London’s West End, Glasgow and Birmingham".
Curtis said: "We are delighted to be working with JCDecaux to maximise opportunities for brands through their state-of-the-art digital advertising portfolio in our flagship new retail centre."
JCDecaux has the contract to sell outdoor advertising in more than 70 shopping centres across the UK, including Bluewater, Lakeside and the Bullring.
With the addition of Trinity Leeds, 29 of JCDecaux’s malls will have digital screens.
Spencer Berwin, managing director, sales, JCDecaux, said: "Trinity Leeds is set to transform shopping in the North, with our all-digital advertising network engaging shoppers in this major new retail and leisure development.
"Our high-quality digital screens will offer brands huge flexibility to communicate with audiences, with time-sensitive and content-rich campaigns enhancing the shopping experience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East