JCDecaux wins Leeds shopping mall ads contract
JCDecaux, the outdoor media owner, has been awarded the £4m seven-year digital outdoor advertising contract for Trinity Leeds, the Land Securities shopping mall set to open in central Leeds next year.
Trinity: artist's impression of the soon to be completed Leeds shopping centre
JCDecaux's rival Clear Channel, which recently won a contract for Westfield's regional shopping centres, is understood to have made a bid for the contract.
Trinity Leeds is thought to be the only major large-scale retail and leisure destination that will open in 2013 and from spring 2013 JCDecaux will sell advertising on 22 digital six-sheets inside the centre.
The centre will house Mango, H&M, Topshop, Fossil, and Marks & Spencer, amomg others, as well as restaurants from D&D, Yo Sushi, Giraffe and Carluccio’s and the first Everyman cinema outside London.
Sean Curtis, portfolio marketing manager for Land Securities, said Trinity Leeds would establish the city as one of the UK’s top four retail destinations, "just behind London’s West End, Glasgow and Birmingham".
Curtis said: "We are delighted to be working with JCDecaux to maximise opportunities for brands through their state-of-the-art digital advertising portfolio in our flagship new retail centre."
JCDecaux has the contract to sell outdoor advertising in more than 70 shopping centres across the UK, including Bluewater, Lakeside and the Bullring.
With the addition of Trinity Leeds, 29 of JCDecaux’s malls will have digital screens.
Spencer Berwin, managing director, sales, JCDecaux, said: "Trinity Leeds is set to transform shopping in the North, with our all-digital advertising network engaging shoppers in this major new retail and leisure development.
"Our high-quality digital screens will offer brands huge flexibility to communicate with audiences, with time-sensitive and content-rich campaigns enhancing the shopping experience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London