Asda launches contest for digital account
Asda is reviewing a significant chunk of its digital advertising account.
Asda: calls digital review
The supermarket giant has approached a number of agencies about the digital business, which will include all of its services outside its core grocery activity.
This is likely to include digital work for its clothing range, George, financial services, home and garden products, mobile service and electrical equipment, which consumers can buy online through a number of Asda's websites, such as Asda.com or Asda Direct.
Asda currently works with Saatchi & Saatchi on its advertising business and LBi across the digital account for its groceries range. Both agencies are unaffected by the review.
It is understood that Asda does not currently have a retained digital agency across the rest of its portfolio, opting to work with agencies on an ad hoc basis.
The digital review follows the recent appointment of Stephen Smith as the supermarket's chief marketing officer, replacing Rick Bendel, who moved to a global marketing role at Asda's parent company, Walmart.
In the past year, Asda has worked to improve its digital presence by revamping its ecommerce site. It is now in the process of boosting engagement with its George clothing brand online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire