Mindshare ends Sony Music's 13-year relationship with MG OMD
Sony Music Entertainment has awarded its £10m media planning and buying account to Mindshare, following a final round of the review process against MEC and the incumbent Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Adele: Columbia Records artist
Sony Music Entertainment called the review in March and after initial conversations with a number of agencies it shortlisted WPP-owned Mindshare alongside sister agency MEC, MG OMD and Havas' Arena Media.
Arena Media is understood to have dropped out of the competition earlier this month.
Sony Music Entertainment owns the Columbia, Roc Nation and Simon Cowell's Syco record labels. Its artists include Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Michael Jackson, Oasis, Adele and Coldplay.
The pitch process was led by Sony Music Entertainment's media and planning director Charles Wood.
Following the merger of Sony Music Entertainment and the German Bertelsmann Music Group, the combined business, then called Sony BMG Entertainment, appointed MG OMD to its consolidated account in April 2005.
MG OMD had previously worked on the Sony Music business, while the BMG account was held by Vizeum.
The music industry has been under pressure over the last 15 years following the expansion of digital music sharing and although global digital revenues rose by 8% last year overall sales declined by 3% (source: IFPI).
MG OMD and MEC declined to comment. Mindshare was unavailable for comment.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...