Pfizer calls £5m ad pitch
Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company behind the consumer healthcare brands Anadin and Centrum, is looking to consolidate its £5 million UK advertising account into one agency.
Anadin: Pfizer brand
Currently, the business is split, with CHI & Partners handling the bulk of the business due to its hold on the Anadin and Centrum accounts. JWT London handles the Viagra account.
Publicis London handles the infant supplement SMA Nutrition, but this is not thought to be included in the review as it is in the process of being sold to Nestlé.
It is unclear which agencies will pitch for the account, but the contest is expected to be wider than a head-to-head between CHI and JWT.
CHI has worked on the Anadin account since October 2008, beating Krow, Leo Burnett and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to the business, which was previously held by DDB London for four years.
The agency was handed the account by Anadin’s then owner, Wyeth, which was acquired by Pfizer in January 2009. CHI then picked up Centrum five months later without a pitch on the back of the Anadin win.
It is understood that the review is part of a wider cost-cutting exercise at the pharmaceutical giant.
Pfizer’s media business is handled by Vizeum, which won the account in December 2010. It is not thought to be affected by the review.
Earlier this year, Anadin ran a promotion on Global Radio that featured its breakfast show presenters, Jamie Theakston and Harriet Scott. Listeners were invited to share their problem on air to win a prize.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London