Vodafone kicks off pan-European digital review
Vodafone is looking for an agency to handle its digital account across major markets in Europe.
Vodafone: digital review
The telecoms giant has appointed AAR to handle a process that is expected to result in the appointment of a single agency to develop its online user experience and strategy. This would then be implemented in specific markets by Vodafone’s local shops.
Vodafone, which does not currently retain an agency in this international role, is expected to maintain its current roster of local shops, which include Agency Republic, Dare and SapientNitro in the UK.
The bulk of Vodafone’s non-digital advertising business is handled by WPP via its dedicated Team Red unit. However, the digital pitch is expected to involve non-WPP shops.
WPP’s grip on Vodafone’s ad business was strengthened last year with the appointment of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to its £47 million account.
While the Omnicom network OMD handles Vodafone’s media planning and buying, last month the company appointed the WPP-owned MEC Access to work on finding its next major global sponsorship property.
Earlier this year, Vodafone introduced the Star Wars character Yoda into its advertising campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London