Vodafone kicks off pan-European digital review
Vodafone is looking for an agency to handle its digital account across major markets in Europe.
Vodafone: digital review
The telecoms giant has appointed AAR to handle a process that is expected to result in the appointment of a single agency to develop its online user experience and strategy. This would then be implemented in specific markets by Vodafone’s local shops.
Vodafone, which does not currently retain an agency in this international role, is expected to maintain its current roster of local shops, which include Agency Republic, Dare and SapientNitro in the UK.
The bulk of Vodafone’s non-digital advertising business is handled by WPP via its dedicated Team Red unit. However, the digital pitch is expected to involve non-WPP shops.
WPP’s grip on Vodafone’s ad business was strengthened last year with the appointment of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to its £47 million account.
While the Omnicom network OMD handles Vodafone’s media planning and buying, last month the company appointed the WPP-owned MEC Access to work on finding its next major global sponsorship property.
Earlier this year, Vodafone introduced the Star Wars character Yoda into its advertising campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)