Danone UK brings in Burson-Marsteller to launch Oykos yogurt
Burson-Marsteller has been called in to manage media relations and social media for new yogurt brand Oykos.
Oykos: New Danone UK brand
The Greek-style Oykos is Danone UK’s first new brand for more than a decade.
Along with product placement and social media management, Burson-Marsteller will also be conducting brand ambassador communications with the star of the Oykos ad, TV presenter and actress, Amanda Holden.
Angela McGee, senior brand manager, innovation, Danone, commented: ‘We believe Oykos luxury Greek-Style yogurt, with its gorgeously creamy texture and sumptuous fruit layer can really accelerate the trend we are seeing in the yogurt market toward delicious luxury products.
'Burson-Marsteller has significant experience in the FMCG sector, as well as with Danone and brand ambassador campaigns, so the team is well placed to help us create positive buzz and excitement around this sexy new brand and gorgeous-tasting product.’
Oykos adds to Burson-Marsteller’s consumer brand portfolio, which includes Danone brands Activia, Actimel and Shape Delights, as well as motor company Ford.
David Page, Burson-Marsteller MD, added: ‘Our work with Danone over the past three years has gone from strength to strength and we are incredibly proud to be able to work with the biggest name in the CYD sector. We’re looking forward to communicating Oykos’ brand point of view, of affordable luxury, in its tongue in cheek tone of voice.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...