Diet Coke prepares 30th anniversary campaign
Diet Coke is putting its 30th birthday at the centre of its UK marketing plans for 2013, as the brand looks to engage with its core female target audience in the aftermath of the Olympic Games.
Diet Coke: campaign will target core female audience
The brand, which was launched in the UK in 1983, will continue to target female consumers through activity based on the ‘empowerment of women’.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: ‘Women are always at the heart of our Diet Coke plans and we are currently looking at how we continue to celebrate the role of women and our Diet Coke-drinkers in 2013.’
Fashion designer Jean-Paul Gaultier is Diet Coke’s creative director and has contributed to design and advertising activity. It has not been confirmed whether the partnership with Gaultier will continue next year.
In the US, where the drink launched in 1982, celebrations have already started. Experiential activity involves guerrilla gangs of brand ambassadors throwing 30-second street parties for Diet Coke drinkers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London