Wrigley appoints Porter Novelli for oral health focus
Mars chewing gum brand Wrigley has charged Porter Novelli with adding an oral health focus to the brand's Extra products.
Wrigley's Extra: Oral health move
The consumer PR brief, which is believed does not involve social media, will activate the brand under their ‘Eat Drink Chew’ message, launched last year to promote the health benefits of chewing after eating.
Sister brand Orbit Complete is given out by some dentists as a way of reducing build-up of plaque by producing bacteria-beating saliva, and has been endorsed by the FDI World Dental Federation.
Now the brand is turning this health message to Extra, the most popular consumer sugar-free chewing gum brand in the UK.
Sources say the Extra brief is aimed at all age groups, from teenagers to retired people, and consists of a two- to three-month project that will focus its activity around World Oral Health Day this September.
Extra was given a major marketing push in December as an attempt to win back teenagers after a drop off in sales since 2007. Daniela Campari, Wrigley marketing director, then said the move was about ‘putting the brand with the right consumer, at the right occasion, at the right time’.
The project brief was awarded after a four-way pitch.
Katie Codd, Extra brand manager, Wrigley, said: ‘The brief complements our current marketing activity and supports the promotion of the oral care benefits of sugar-free gum and Extra's Eat.Drink.Chew message.’
Wrigley has been part of Mars since 2008. This appointment was not part of the recent Mars roster review for secondary food brands, Codd said.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...