Wrigley appoints Porter Novelli for oral health focus
Mars chewing gum brand Wrigley has charged Porter Novelli with adding an oral health focus to the brand's Extra products.
Wrigley's Extra: Oral health move
The consumer PR brief, which is believed does not involve social media, will activate the brand under their ‘Eat Drink Chew’ message, launched last year to promote the health benefits of chewing after eating.
Sister brand Orbit Complete is given out by some dentists as a way of reducing build-up of plaque by producing bacteria-beating saliva, and has been endorsed by the FDI World Dental Federation.
Now the brand is turning this health message to Extra, the most popular consumer sugar-free chewing gum brand in the UK.
Sources say the Extra brief is aimed at all age groups, from teenagers to retired people, and consists of a two- to three-month project that will focus its activity around World Oral Health Day this September.
Extra was given a major marketing push in December as an attempt to win back teenagers after a drop off in sales since 2007. Daniela Campari, Wrigley marketing director, then said the move was about ‘putting the brand with the right consumer, at the right occasion, at the right time’.
The project brief was awarded after a four-way pitch.
Katie Codd, Extra brand manager, Wrigley, said: ‘The brief complements our current marketing activity and supports the promotion of the oral care benefits of sugar-free gum and Extra's Eat.Drink.Chew message.’
Wrigley has been part of Mars since 2008. This appointment was not part of the recent Mars roster review for secondary food brands, Codd said.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Lead - Fresh Produce x2 Brand Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus a market leading benefits package, Hertford
- Head of Brand Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Hitchin
- Director of Brand & Marketing Communications Three £Excellent + benefits + bonus, Maidenhead