Mothercare turns to Mischief to build consumer loyalty
Struggling maternity and children's clothing retailer Mothercare has appointed Mischief for a retained brief to help the brand build consumer loyalty.
Myleene Klass: Launching new store
Mothercare has brought in Mitchell Kaye’s agency for an undisclosed budget as it looks to ‘build brand loyalty and relevance through a series new moments and brand activation’.
The struggling chain is undergoing a £35m overhaul that will see around a 100 of its UK stores closed and the loss of about 800 jobs. The biggest hit is expected to be felt by its Early Learning Centre stores. The retailer is expected to take three years to return to profit.
The company commenced a brand relaunch this week by recruiting the services of singer turned presenter Myleene Klass to open a new 30,000-square-foot store, in Edmonton, north London.
The new store features an indoor buggy assault course to road-test prams and buggies.
Mischief will support the Mothercare press office and marketing team, reporting to newly appointed CEO Simon Calver.
Mischief won the brief following a competitive pitch and does not replace an agency.
Kaye said: ‘Mothercare is an iconic brand with an incredible heritage. We're on board to help it write the next chapter of its story, across multimedia channels, in a very Mothercare way.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London