Mothercare turns to Mischief to build consumer loyalty
Struggling maternity and children's clothing retailer Mothercare has appointed Mischief for a retained brief to help the brand build consumer loyalty.
Myleene Klass: Launching new store
Mothercare has brought in Mitchell Kaye’s agency for an undisclosed budget as it looks to ‘build brand loyalty and relevance through a series new moments and brand activation’.
The struggling chain is undergoing a £35m overhaul that will see around a 100 of its UK stores closed and the loss of about 800 jobs. The biggest hit is expected to be felt by its Early Learning Centre stores. The retailer is expected to take three years to return to profit.
The company commenced a brand relaunch this week by recruiting the services of singer turned presenter Myleene Klass to open a new 30,000-square-foot store, in Edmonton, north London.
The new store features an indoor buggy assault course to road-test prams and buggies.
Mischief will support the Mothercare press office and marketing team, reporting to newly appointed CEO Simon Calver.
Mischief won the brief following a competitive pitch and does not replace an agency.
Kaye said: ‘Mothercare is an iconic brand with an incredible heritage. We're on board to help it write the next chapter of its story, across multimedia channels, in a very Mothercare way.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London