Visa, BA, BP and BT support Olympic and Paralympic parade
London 2012 sponsors Visa, British Airways, BP and BT are to provide financial support for the Olympic and Paralympic victory parade taking place on September 10.
Paralympic and Olympic victory parade will take place on 10 September
Funding for the showpiece event is also being provided by the British Olympic Association (BOA) and the Mayor’s office.
The London 2012 sponsors are providing additional funding, on top of their original multi-million pound outlay on sponsoring the games.
In return, the sponsors are expected to get branding opportunities on the day, which will celebrate the achievement of athletes include Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Sir Chris Hoy.
The event will involve around 900 Olympians and Paralympians travelling on open-topped buses.
Millions of flag-waving supporters are expected to line the streets for the event.
The number of supporters is expected to top those for similar victory parades, such as those for England’s Ashes win in 2005 and the country’s 2003 Rugby World Cup victory.
It is also thought that a number of royals, including Prince Harry, will be in attendance.
Darryl Seibel, a spokesperson for the BOA, told Marketing that he wasn’t anticipating that brands would try to ambush the event, saying, "I can’t image any entity wanting to undermine the generous support of those brands."
It is unclear how much funding the five London 2012 sponsors are providing for the event.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...