Taiwan Tourism Bureau launches UK pitch process
The Taiwan Tourism Bureau, the official tourism authority of Taiwan, has launched a £400,000 pitch for a comms agency in the UK.
Taiwan: seeking UK comms support
The brief is for a registered tourism consultancy with ‘excellent knowledge of the UK travel market and trade contacts’, and 'experience in promoting Asian destinations'.
The one-year brief includes a press office function, promoting Taiwanese products in the UK, and organising press trips.
Taiwan is officially part of the Republic of China, and uses the strapline 'Taiwan, The Heart of Asia' and 'Time for Taiwan'.
The bureau already has a European branch office in Frankfurt, and aims to achieve eight per cent annual growth of tourism on 2011 levels.
High earners and the elderly will be key targets, with Chinese students and niche travel markets such as cyclists, railway enthusiasts or backpackers as a secondary customer group.
The brief also includes arranging the visits of ‘at least six major media journalists’ and ‘at least six major tour operators’ from the UK and Ireland.
The deadline for written applications is 28 August.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, Manchester