Taiwan Tourism Bureau launches UK pitch process
The Taiwan Tourism Bureau, the official tourism authority of Taiwan, has launched a £400,000 pitch for a comms agency in the UK.
Taiwan: seeking UK comms support
The brief is for a registered tourism consultancy with ‘excellent knowledge of the UK travel market and trade contacts’, and 'experience in promoting Asian destinations'.
The one-year brief includes a press office function, promoting Taiwanese products in the UK, and organising press trips.
Taiwan is officially part of the Republic of China, and uses the strapline 'Taiwan, The Heart of Asia' and 'Time for Taiwan'.
The bureau already has a European branch office in Frankfurt, and aims to achieve eight per cent annual growth of tourism on 2011 levels.
High earners and the elderly will be key targets, with Chinese students and niche travel markets such as cyclists, railway enthusiasts or backpackers as a secondary customer group.
The brief also includes arranging the visits of ‘at least six major media journalists’ and ‘at least six major tour operators’ from the UK and Ireland.
The deadline for written applications is 28 August.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...