Taiwan Tourism Bureau launches UK pitch process
The Taiwan Tourism Bureau, the official tourism authority of Taiwan, has launched a £400,000 pitch for a comms agency in the UK.
Taiwan: seeking UK comms support
The brief is for a registered tourism consultancy with ‘excellent knowledge of the UK travel market and trade contacts’, and 'experience in promoting Asian destinations'.
The one-year brief includes a press office function, promoting Taiwanese products in the UK, and organising press trips.
Taiwan is officially part of the Republic of China, and uses the strapline 'Taiwan, The Heart of Asia' and 'Time for Taiwan'.
The bureau already has a European branch office in Frankfurt, and aims to achieve eight per cent annual growth of tourism on 2011 levels.
High earners and the elderly will be key targets, with Chinese students and niche travel markets such as cyclists, railway enthusiasts or backpackers as a secondary customer group.
The brief also includes arranging the visits of ‘at least six major media journalists’ and ‘at least six major tour operators’ from the UK and Ireland.
The deadline for written applications is 28 August.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Technical SEO Specialist - £32k + benefits - chance to join leading independent media agency in heart of London! SYLEX Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG