Kraft in £200m media and digital agency rethink
Kraft Foods, the Swiss-based company, is set to review its estimated £200 million European media planning and buying arrangements, including the £39 million account held by PHD in the UK.
Cadbury: PHD is the incumbent on the media account
The move follows Kraft’s decision to spin off its North American grocery division from its global snacks business, which was approved by the company’s directors earlier this month.
Separately, Kraft has also issued an RFI to digital and media agencies ahead of a European review of its digital relationships.
Omnicom’s PHD was awarded the Cadbury account in 2008 and added the Kraft business in 2010 after going head-to-head against Kraft’s agency Starcom. This was prompted by Kraft’s £12 billion takeover of Cadbury.
WPP’s Mindshare works with Kraft in parts of Western Europe, Aegis Media handles the business in Bulgaria and Starcom MediaVest Group looks after parts of Eastern Europe.
Chrystel Barranger has recently taken the new role of vice-president, snacking and marketing services at Kraft.
As well as Cadbury, the group’s brands also include Carte Noire, Kenco, Dairylea, Philadelphia, Oreo and Ritz.
Derek Luddem, the area media manager for the UK, Ireland and Nordic at Kraft Foods, declined to comment on its plans to review.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London