Kraft in £200m media and digital agency rethink
Kraft Foods, the Swiss-based company, is set to review its estimated £200 million European media planning and buying arrangements, including the £39 million account held by PHD in the UK.
Cadbury: PHD is the incumbent on the media account
The move follows Kraft’s decision to spin off its North American grocery division from its global snacks business, which was approved by the company’s directors earlier this month.
Separately, Kraft has also issued an RFI to digital and media agencies ahead of a European review of its digital relationships.
Omnicom’s PHD was awarded the Cadbury account in 2008 and added the Kraft business in 2010 after going head-to-head against Kraft’s agency Starcom. This was prompted by Kraft’s £12 billion takeover of Cadbury.
WPP’s Mindshare works with Kraft in parts of Western Europe, Aegis Media handles the business in Bulgaria and Starcom MediaVest Group looks after parts of Eastern Europe.
Chrystel Barranger has recently taken the new role of vice-president, snacking and marketing services at Kraft.
As well as Cadbury, the group’s brands also include Carte Noire, Kenco, Dairylea, Philadelphia, Oreo and Ritz.
Derek Luddem, the area media manager for the UK, Ireland and Nordic at Kraft Foods, declined to comment on its plans to review.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...