Tassimo calls global advertising contest
Tassimo, the coffee-maker brand, is looking for an agency to handle a major global advertising push.
Tassimo: the Kraft brand aims to take on Nestle’s Nespresso
Kraft Foods, Tassimo’s owner, has approached shops directly about a brief to create a global advertising campaign that will make the product a rival to Nestle’s Nespresso machine. Nespresso uses George Clooney to promote its products and the ads are created by McCann Paris.
Ogilvy & Mather and TBWA have both previously worked on the Tassimo brand globally.
Tassimo launched in 2005 with a campaign through O&M and with machines manufactured by Bosch. In 2009, the global business moved to TBWA, with the Berlin office taking lead status and its New York agency handling US work.
In 2009, it ran a pre-Christmas campaign in which three men in festive jumpers enjoy different cups of coffee from one machine. The activity promoted the different blends and flavours that could be made by a Tassimo machine.
The move coincides with Starbucks making a bid for the market with a device it has branded Verismo, which is due to launch in the US this autumn.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)