Havas unveils 8.4% increase in first half revenues
Havas, the world's sixth-largest advertising group, has reported first half revenue of €829m (£657m), up 8.4% year on year.
David Jones: Havas global chief executive
Organic growth for the French company behind Euro RSCG and MPG slowed from 3.5% in the first quarter to 2.1% in the second quarter, echoing the experience of its larger rivals Publicis Groupe and WPP.
David Jones, chief executive of Havas, said: "All our regions continued to deliver growth in the first half led by Asia, Latin America, digital, media and healthcare."
The UK registered organic first half revenue growth of 1.1%, Europe overall registered 1.5% and North America 2%. Asia Pacific and Africa were faster on 10.5% and Latin America was on 8%.
Havas has given Yannick Bolloré, the son of chairman and major shareholder Vincent Bolloré, a more senior role, on the recommendation of Jones.
Previously a vice-president at Havas, Yannick Bolloré is now directeur général délégué, the same title as Hervé Philippe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)