Havas unveils 8.4% increase in first half revenues
Havas, the world's sixth-largest advertising group, has reported first half revenue of €829m (£657m), up 8.4% year on year.
David Jones: Havas global chief executive
Organic growth for the French company behind Euro RSCG and MPG slowed from 3.5% in the first quarter to 2.1% in the second quarter, echoing the experience of its larger rivals Publicis Groupe and WPP.
David Jones, chief executive of Havas, said: "All our regions continued to deliver growth in the first half led by Asia, Latin America, digital, media and healthcare."
The UK registered organic first half revenue growth of 1.1%, Europe overall registered 1.5% and North America 2%. Asia Pacific and Africa were faster on 10.5% and Latin America was on 8%.
Havas has given Yannick Bolloré, the son of chairman and major shareholder Vincent Bolloré, a more senior role, on the recommendation of Jones.
Previously a vice-president at Havas, Yannick Bolloré is now directeur général délégué, the same title as Hervé Philippe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)