Havas unveils 8.4% increase in first half revenues
Havas, the world's sixth-largest advertising group, has reported first half revenue of €829m (£657m), up 8.4% year on year.
David Jones: Havas global chief executive
Organic growth for the French company behind Euro RSCG and MPG slowed from 3.5% in the first quarter to 2.1% in the second quarter, echoing the experience of its larger rivals Publicis Groupe and WPP.
David Jones, chief executive of Havas, said: "All our regions continued to deliver growth in the first half led by Asia, Latin America, digital, media and healthcare."
The UK registered organic first half revenue growth of 1.1%, Europe overall registered 1.5% and North America 2%. Asia Pacific and Africa were faster on 10.5% and Latin America was on 8%.
Havas has given Yannick Bolloré, the son of chairman and major shareholder Vincent Bolloré, a more senior role, on the recommendation of Jones.
Previously a vice-president at Havas, Yannick Bolloré is now directeur général délégué, the same title as Hervé Philippe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)