Havas unveils 8.4% increase in first half revenues
Havas, the world's sixth-largest advertising group, has reported first half revenue of €829m (£657m), up 8.4% year on year.
David Jones: Havas global chief executive
Organic growth for the French company behind Euro RSCG and MPG slowed from 3.5% in the first quarter to 2.1% in the second quarter, echoing the experience of its larger rivals Publicis Groupe and WPP.
David Jones, chief executive of Havas, said: "All our regions continued to deliver growth in the first half led by Asia, Latin America, digital, media and healthcare."
The UK registered organic first half revenue growth of 1.1%, Europe overall registered 1.5% and North America 2%. Asia Pacific and Africa were faster on 10.5% and Latin America was on 8%.
Havas has given Yannick Bolloré, the son of chairman and major shareholder Vincent Bolloré, a more senior role, on the recommendation of Jones.
Previously a vice-president at Havas, Yannick Bolloré is now directeur général délégué, the same title as Hervé Philippe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London