Carling calls £10m ad pitch
Carling is reviewing its £10 million advertising account.
Carling: VCCP Blue created a campaign for the brand’s premium Chrome variant
The Molson Coors brand has made initial contact with agencies ahead of a pitch process that is being run through ISBA.
Carling has been with its current incumbent, VCCP Blue, for just over a year.
VCCP Blue picked up the creative account in June 2011 after a pitch. Before that, the brand’s incumbent agency was Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
Carling’s most-recent advertising represented a departure in tone from previous campaigns.
The "brilliantly refreshing" spot by VCCP Blue, released in September last year, aimed to reignite the brand’s image as "aspirational" as well as accessible. The spot was set to the track Wondrous Place by Alice Gold.
A follow-up ad by VCCP Blue for the brand’s premium variant Carling Chrome focused on a couple getting ready for a night out. The spot, which was the brand’s first TV ad, featured the soundtrack Get It On by T Rex.
Carling invested £7 million in its marketing push for Chrome. The campaign included cinema, outdoor and press activity.
Previously, Carling’s "you know who your mates are" campaign, created by BMB, ran from 2007 until 2011.
Carling launched Carling Zest, a limited-edition light beer targeted at summer drinkers, in March. The launch was supported by a £1.9 million campaign covering TV, press, outdoor and digital advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London