Iglo Birds Eye calls pan-Euro creative contest
Iglo Group, the frozen-food giant, is reviewing its advertising arrangements for its Iglo brand across continental Europe.
Iglo: review does not affect the UK, where it’s called Birds Eye
The review covers Germany, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal and France, as well as Central and Eastern Europe.
Iglo’s agency of record in Europe, BBDO Proximity, is repitching for the business.
The process is being run by Alex von den Steinen, the general manager, vegetables category, at Iglo. The company is already in discussions with selected agencies.
Iglo is known as Birds Eye in the UK, where the relationship with its incumbent, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, is unaffected by the review.
The brand, which encompasses frozen fish, vegetables and ready-meals, lost market share in the first half of the year in continental Europe, according to results released in August.
Martin Glenn, its chief executive, said Iglo had ceded share to private-label manufacturers in Italy, where it acquired Unilever’s frozen-food business two years ago.
Iglo also lost share in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, where consumers are turning to discount stores.
However, in the UK, which accounts for one-third of Iglo’s sales, the company increased its market share.
An Iglo spokeswoman said: "We believe it’s good practice to review supplier relationships every so often."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)