Jägermeister readies UK TV debut
Jägermeister is preparing its first foray into TV advertising in the UK as it looks to combat perceptions of the drink solely as a 'party-starter'. It has also appointed The Red Brick Road to its ad account.
Jägermeister: making TV debut
The herbal liqueur, which has concentrated on experiential and music-festival tie-ups, will be positioned as an ice-cold, neat shot. Currently, the brand is widely served with energy drinks as a ‘Jägerbomb’.
Katja Gebert, area manager for Western Europe, Jägermeister, told Marketing: ‘We want to educate consumers about the brand and product; there’s more to discover.’ The brand is planning TV activity to reach a wider audience than it has previously achieved with its festival activation.
However, music partnerships will remain key to the strategy, which Gebert called a ‘win-win situation’ and part of Jägermeister’s ‘DNA’. In 2011, 5m bottles of Jägermeister were sold in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIRECT AND DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Cirencester
- Senior Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London