Jägermeister readies UK TV debut
Jägermeister is preparing its first foray into TV advertising in the UK as it looks to combat perceptions of the drink solely as a 'party-starter'. It has also appointed The Red Brick Road to its ad account.
Jägermeister: making TV debut
The herbal liqueur, which has concentrated on experiential and music-festival tie-ups, will be positioned as an ice-cold, neat shot. Currently, the brand is widely served with energy drinks as a ‘Jägerbomb’.
Katja Gebert, area manager for Western Europe, Jägermeister, told Marketing: ‘We want to educate consumers about the brand and product; there’s more to discover.’ The brand is planning TV activity to reach a wider audience than it has previously achieved with its festival activation.
However, music partnerships will remain key to the strategy, which Gebert called a ‘win-win situation’ and part of Jägermeister’s ‘DNA’. In 2011, 5m bottles of Jägermeister were sold in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...