Jägermeister readies UK TV debut
Jägermeister is preparing its first foray into TV advertising in the UK as it looks to combat perceptions of the drink solely as a 'party-starter'. It has also appointed The Red Brick Road to its ad account.
Jägermeister: making TV debut
The herbal liqueur, which has concentrated on experiential and music-festival tie-ups, will be positioned as an ice-cold, neat shot. Currently, the brand is widely served with energy drinks as a ‘Jägerbomb’.
Katja Gebert, area manager for Western Europe, Jägermeister, told Marketing: ‘We want to educate consumers about the brand and product; there’s more to discover.’ The brand is planning TV activity to reach a wider audience than it has previously achieved with its festival activation.
However, music partnerships will remain key to the strategy, which Gebert called a ‘win-win situation’ and part of Jägermeister’s ‘DNA’. In 2011, 5m bottles of Jägermeister were sold in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)