The Week expands reach with iPhone app launch
Dennis Publishing is lauching an iPhone app of its weekly digest title The Week, as the publisher looks to expand its reach into mobile.
The Week: app launch with Coutts bank
The Week iPhone app will be free to download for the first two weeks. After that users have the options of subscribing at a cost of £19.99 for three months or at £2.49 per issue.
The app will have as its exclusive partner Coutts, one of the world's oldest banks.
Content is taken predominantly from the print version, with the difference that on the iphone app edition there is a 'daily briefing' of the "top ten things you need to know".
David Weeks, strategic sales director of The Week, said of the Coutts deal: "The upscale readership of The Week combined with its premium subscription model and the proven success of its digital editions made the partnership possible."
Ian Ewart, head of products, services and marketing at Coutts, said: "We are delighted to be partnering with the The Week to launch their UK iphone edition of the magazine."
He added that Coutts was also developing a range of digital channels and was due to launch its own internet banking app. "We understand the need to continually invest in ways to provide easy access to busy people."
In the recent Audit Bureau of Circulation results (ABCs), The Week recorded a circulation of 191,401 - up 4.2% year on year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...