Spotify appoints M&C Saatchi PR for corporate and b2b work
Spotify has appointed M&C Saatchi PR to handle its UK corporate and b2b work.
Spotify: Called in M&C Saatchi PR
It is the first time the music streaming giant has bought in an agency for the retained work, and comes after M&C Saatchi PR was also chosen to cover a consumer brief earlier this year.
PRWeek understands the decision follows talks with a number of agencies, with one area of focus being drumming up interest from advertisers.
The appointment comes as it emerged last week that the service was in talks with Coca-Cola over the FMCG giant acquiring a shareholding worth £6.2m.
The service has more than 15 million users but is battling in an increasingly competitive market space.
At the end of last week, it emerged at Microsoft would soon enter the market with an Xbox Music service.
PRWeek also revealed on Friday that fellow music streaming business Deezer had called in Blue Rubicon to build its global brand.
Both Spotify and M&C Saatchi PR declined to comment on the deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London