Spotify appoints M&C Saatchi PR for corporate and b2b work
Spotify has appointed M&C Saatchi PR to handle its UK corporate and b2b work.
Spotify: Called in M&C Saatchi PR
It is the first time the music streaming giant has bought in an agency for the retained work, and comes after M&C Saatchi PR was also chosen to cover a consumer brief earlier this year.
PRWeek understands the decision follows talks with a number of agencies, with one area of focus being drumming up interest from advertisers.
The appointment comes as it emerged last week that the service was in talks with Coca-Cola over the FMCG giant acquiring a shareholding worth £6.2m.
The service has more than 15 million users but is battling in an increasingly competitive market space.
At the end of last week, it emerged at Microsoft would soon enter the market with an Xbox Music service.
PRWeek also revealed on Friday that fellow music streaming business Deezer had called in Blue Rubicon to build its global brand.
Both Spotify and M&C Saatchi PR declined to comment on the deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...