Spotify appoints M&C Saatchi PR for corporate and b2b work
Spotify has appointed M&C Saatchi PR to handle its UK corporate and b2b work.
Spotify: Called in M&C Saatchi PR
It is the first time the music streaming giant has bought in an agency for the retained work, and comes after M&C Saatchi PR was also chosen to cover a consumer brief earlier this year.
PRWeek understands the decision follows talks with a number of agencies, with one area of focus being drumming up interest from advertisers.
The appointment comes as it emerged last week that the service was in talks with Coca-Cola over the FMCG giant acquiring a shareholding worth £6.2m.
The service has more than 15 million users but is battling in an increasingly competitive market space.
At the end of last week, it emerged at Microsoft would soon enter the market with an Xbox Music service.
PRWeek also revealed on Friday that fellow music streaming business Deezer had called in Blue Rubicon to build its global brand.
Both Spotify and M&C Saatchi PR declined to comment on the deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Digital Executive- £32K! Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Direct Marketing and CRM Executive Essence Branding Up to £25,000 plus benefits, London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London