London & Partners' Martine Ainsworth-Wells launches agency
The former marketing and comms director of London & Partners is launching her own destinations-focused agency, named Ainsworth & Wells.
Martine Ainsworth-Wells: agency launch
PRWeek revealed last week that Martine Ainsworth-Wells is leaving London & Partners following a corporate restructure.
Ainsworth-Wells’ consultancy will specialise in advising and implementing activities for international and domestic cities, countries, attractions and educational institutions.
The agency’s services will include reputation and brand management, comms and marketing.
Ainsworth-Wells spent nine years working under the administrations of London mayors Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson, and was responsible for London’s global tourism, business and higher education marketing, brand and comms.
Ainsworth-Wells said: ‘As populations migrate to cities, they have an opportunity to shine and build their identity, but Olympic host cities come with their own set of challenges due to the sheer scale and nature of such a major event.’
In the past 12 months Ainsworth-Wells was responsible for devising the city’s Olympic tourism campaigns, including 'Limited Edition London', which was focused on promoting the unique tourism offerings available to visitors.
Her team also delivered the official London Media Centre content programme for non-right’s holding broadcasters and journalists over the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
London & Partners is set to split Ainsworth-Wells’ role into two and plans to appoint a director of consumer and digital and a director of strategy, brand and reputation.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton