GroupM and UM land Johnson & Johnson's £200m media business
Johnson & Johnson, the health and skincare company, has handed IPG's UM and GroupM's MEC its EMEA media planning and buying business, estimated to be worth £200 million.
Listerine: J&J brand
GroupM is has created a dedicated MEC-backed unit called Primus to house the account.
Primus will handle the UK, France, Germany, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe.
Carat had held the EMEA account since 2007.
In a statement J&J told Media Week: "The outcome of the comprehensive review is that we are consolidating our media planning and buying agencies for our consumer businesses and brands in EMEA from four to two.
"MEC and Universal McCann will begin their new contract with us, effective, January 1, 2013. We will work closely with our agency partners over the next few months to ensure our brands have optimal support during the transition period."
According to Nielsen figures, J&J spends £19 million on UK media. Brands supported include Listerine and Neutrogena.
UM will handle the J&J media account Spain, Italy, Portugal, the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan and the Balkans.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)