GroupM and UM land Johnson & Johnson's £200m media business
Johnson & Johnson, the health and skincare company, has handed IPG's UM and GroupM's MEC its EMEA media planning and buying business, estimated to be worth £200 million.
Listerine: J&J brand
GroupM is has created a dedicated MEC-backed unit called Primus to house the account.
Primus will handle the UK, France, Germany, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe.
Carat had held the EMEA account since 2007.
In a statement J&J told Media Week: "The outcome of the comprehensive review is that we are consolidating our media planning and buying agencies for our consumer businesses and brands in EMEA from four to two.
"MEC and Universal McCann will begin their new contract with us, effective, January 1, 2013. We will work closely with our agency partners over the next few months to ensure our brands have optimal support during the transition period."
According to Nielsen figures, J&J spends £19 million on UK media. Brands supported include Listerine and Neutrogena.
UM will handle the J&J media account Spain, Italy, Portugal, the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan and the Balkans.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)