Ferrero calls Tic Tac advertising review
Ferrero is looking for an agency to handle UK advertising for its Tic Tac brand.
Tic Tac: previously worked with RKCR/Y&R and WCRS
The confectionery company has been in contact with agencies to invite them to pitch for the business in a process handled through The Observatory.
Ferrero most recently worked with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, a roster agency, on Tic Tac. The shop was awarded the account in 2010 without a pitch.
WCRS, the previous incumbent, resigned the business in 2010, citing "creative differences". It had moved the brand away from its "Shake your Tic Tacs" strapline and introduced a "Full of refreshing little lifts" positioning.
Tic Tac was in the news in 2009 after a technical error meant that an ad for the brand interrupted coverage of an FA Cup fourth-round replay between Everton and Liverpool, just as Everton’s Dan Gosling scored the match-winning goal.
The brand subsequently released a tongue-in-cheek 20-second online film featuring men dressed up as orange and lime Tic Tacs re-enacting Gosling’s strike.
Tic Tac launched an online film in France in April called "worst breath on earth" by Ogilvy & Mather Paris, which went viral and clocked up more than 200,000 views on YouTube after its release.
RKCR/Y&R handles advertising for the main Ferrero brand, while Krow works on the Kinder Bueno business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol