Glenmorangie seeks shop after WCRS split
Glenmorangie, the single-malt whisky brand, is seeking a UK advertising agency to handle its £6 million account after parting company with WCRS.
Glenmorangie...WCRS cited 'differences in direction'
The review is being handled directly by the brand.
WCRS picked up Glenmorangie’s business in 2010 – the agency’s biggest win of the year. However, they have parted company due to "differences in direction", according to WCRS.
Glenmorangie, which spends the bulk of its UK ad budget on press and outdoor campaigns, produced all of its above-the-line work in-house before appointing WCRS. The agency won the account after a competitive pitch.
Last year, WCRS created a global campaign for Glenmorangie using the strap-line: "Unnecessarily well made." The multimillion-pound campaign included illustrations of other things that are "well made", such as a rhino and a car.
Story UK, Glenmorangie’s below-the-line agency, is unaffected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex