Lego calls creative review
Lego is looking for an advertising agency to handle its UK brand campaign for 2013.
Lego...has worked with RKCR/y&R and McCann Erickson
The children’s toy brand has been in direct contact with agencies to invite them to take part in a pitch, which is being run out of its headquarters in Denmark.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis.
In the past, Lego has worked with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which won the brand’s global advertising account in 2001, and McCann Erickson, which was appointed to handle its global strategy in 2000.
Lego’s most-recent advertising includes a 17-minute animated film that traces its origins back to a carpenter in 30s Denmark. The online video, created by Lani Pixels, was shared more than 27,000 times in seven days.
During this year’s Olympic Games, Lego released a Team GB-themed outdoor campaign. The work consisted of 35 executions, created by the agency Dazzleship, featuring Lego Team GB figures and a strapline wishing athletes good luck.
In April, the brand recruited the presenter Ben Fogle as the first celebrity face of its toy ranges in the UK for a social media campaign.
Fogle fronted "the great forest escape" online campaign for the brand’s Forest Police products, the latest sub-theme in the Lego City range.
Lego was involved in some controversy earlier this month because of a promotion it ran in The Sun. The brand was targeted by a group campaigning for The Sun to drop its Page 3 photos of topless models. The group produced a spoof image of a Lego Page 3 model.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Middleweight Creative Team Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Demand Generation Planner Ninesharp £30000 - £35000 per annum, West London