Lego calls creative review
Lego is looking for an advertising agency to handle its UK brand campaign for 2013.
Lego...has worked with RKCR/y&R and McCann Erickson
The children’s toy brand has been in direct contact with agencies to invite them to take part in a pitch, which is being run out of its headquarters in Denmark.
Lego has traditionally used agencies on a project-by-project basis.
In the past, Lego has worked with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which won the brand’s global advertising account in 2001, and McCann Erickson, which was appointed to handle its global strategy in 2000.
Lego’s most-recent advertising includes a 17-minute animated film that traces its origins back to a carpenter in 30s Denmark. The online video, created by Lani Pixels, was shared more than 27,000 times in seven days.
During this year’s Olympic Games, Lego released a Team GB-themed outdoor campaign. The work consisted of 35 executions, created by the agency Dazzleship, featuring Lego Team GB figures and a strapline wishing athletes good luck.
In April, the brand recruited the presenter Ben Fogle as the first celebrity face of its toy ranges in the UK for a social media campaign.
Fogle fronted "the great forest escape" online campaign for the brand’s Forest Police products, the latest sub-theme in the Lego City range.
Lego was involved in some controversy earlier this month because of a promotion it ran in The Sun. The brand was targeted by a group campaigning for The Sun to drop its Page 3 photos of topless models. The group produced a spoof image of a Lego Page 3 model.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)