Britvic and AG Barr agree to merge as Barr Britvic
Robinson's owner Britvic and Irn Bru maker AG Barr have reached an agreement on a merger that will create a soft drinks company called Barr Britvic Soft Drinks, which will have annual sales of more than £1.5bn.
Irn-Bru: owner AG Barr merges with Britvic
The agreement includes the approval of Pepsi, which Britvic has exclusive bottling and distribution agreements with in the UK.
Pepsi and Britvic have agreed "certain variations" to the terms of this contract, and Pepsi has agreed not to terminate the contract, which it had the right to do as a consequence of the merger.
Barr Britvic’s operational headquarters are proposed to be at Britvic's existing head office at Hemel Hempstead.
The merger needs clearance from each company’s shareholders as well as the Office of Fair Trading, and the deal is expected to complete in February 2013. Management will be led by the current AG Barr CEO Roger White, as chief executive.
The two companies expect to achieve recurring annual cost synergies of approximately £35m through overhead savings, procurement savings and supply chain enhancements.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...