MEC scoops £45m Kingfisher media
Kingfisher has handed MEC its consolidated £45 million media planning and buying business for its B&Q, TradePoint and Screwfix brands.
B&Q: Kingfisher brand's creative review is ongoing
The appointment, which coincides with the ongoing B&Q creative review, follows a final head-to-head with ZenithOptimedia.
MEC was the incumbent on the media planning for the £34 million B&Q business, while ZenithOptimedia handled its media buying.
ZenithOptimedia also looked after the media planning and buying for Screwfix, the online supplier of trade tools that spends £6 million on media, according to Nielsen.
Carat Manchester was the incumbent on B&Q’s TradePoint brand, which targets building professionals. Carat was involved in the pitch process at its early stages.
Kingfisher launched the review in August with the consultant Paul Longhurst.
A result on B&Q’s creative contest is expected imminently, with Karmarama and WCRS vying for the account. McCann London, the incumbent, pulled out of the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London