Arsenal signs £150m shirt and stadium deal with Emirates
Arsenal Football Club has announced the renewal of its shirt and stadium sponsorship by airline Emirates, in a deal worth £150m over five years.
Arsenal FC: set to renew shirt sponsorship with Emirates
The announcement was made at a press conference at 11.30am today (Friday 23 November), and means Emirates will remain shirt sponsor of the club until the end of the 2018/2019 season.
Along with a renewal of the shirt sponsorship, Arsenal has also extended its stadium naming rights agreement with Emirates until 2028.
Emirates chairman and chief executive Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum said: "[Our sponsorship with Arsenal] has been an important enabler of the growth of our business over the last decade and we are confident this will continue as part of our extended deal.
"This partnership remains a perfect combination of two truly global brands. Through our global network and carefully selected sports sponsorships Emirates is able to unite and engage fans, and coupled with Arsenal’s world-wide fan following this makes for a strong match."
The news of the Emirates renewal comes just months after telecoms brand O2 dropped its sponsorship of Arsenal, 10 years after it launched the brand through its relationship with the club.
This time last year, Emirates said it was reviewing its sponsorship of Fifa, football's international governing body, in the wake of comments made by Fifa president Sepp Blatter about racism in football.
The Dubai-based airline is one of Fifa’s six official partners and was concerned that its brand had been tarnished by Blatter's remarks and the outrage they caused.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Global Marketing Operations Manager Lallemand Animal Nutrition Competitive salary including car allowance, bonus incentive and private health insurance., Cirencester, Malvern, Toulouse base.
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...