Arsenal signs £150m shirt and stadium deal with Emirates
Arsenal Football Club has announced the renewal of its shirt and stadium sponsorship by airline Emirates, in a deal worth £150m over five years.
Arsenal FC: set to renew shirt sponsorship with Emirates
The announcement was made at a press conference at 11.30am today (Friday 23 November), and means Emirates will remain shirt sponsor of the club until the end of the 2018/2019 season.
Along with a renewal of the shirt sponsorship, Arsenal has also extended its stadium naming rights agreement with Emirates until 2028.
Emirates chairman and chief executive Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum said: "[Our sponsorship with Arsenal] has been an important enabler of the growth of our business over the last decade and we are confident this will continue as part of our extended deal.
"This partnership remains a perfect combination of two truly global brands. Through our global network and carefully selected sports sponsorships Emirates is able to unite and engage fans, and coupled with Arsenal’s world-wide fan following this makes for a strong match."
The news of the Emirates renewal comes just months after telecoms brand O2 dropped its sponsorship of Arsenal, 10 years after it launched the brand through its relationship with the club.
This time last year, Emirates said it was reviewing its sponsorship of Fifa, football's international governing body, in the wake of comments made by Fifa president Sepp Blatter about racism in football.
The Dubai-based airline is one of Fifa’s six official partners and was concerned that its brand had been tarnished by Blatter's remarks and the outrage they caused.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)