Publicis backs new full-service agency
Publicis Groupe is supporting the launch of a UK business called UPP Advertising that will look to bring together talent from within its UK agencies to provide a full-service offer for clients.
Coates and Thomson: launch
UPP’s co-founders are Peter Thomson, the former managing director of the Omnicom-owned agency M2M, and David Coates, a former chief executive of the creative shop Elmscott.
Publicis is not taking a stake in the venture but has provided office space, temporarily in Starcom MediaVest Group’s London office, and access to its creative, digital, direct and media agencies. It has the first option to invest in UPP.
The start-up plans to target clients that are not currently with Publicis agencies in a bid to put together a cross-discipline team of shops to service their needs.
UPP, which plans to expand its team on the back of new-business wins, will provide channel planning and work with strategy directors from Publicis agencies to help clients implement full-service campaigns. It launches with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting.
Thomson said: "UPP is about removing the huge duplication of effort that takes place across agencies and aligning agency efforts behind a common strategy."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)