Mobile operator EE revamps agency roster
EE has reviewed its UK agency support, extending the work of Nelson Bostock and ending its relationship with GolinHarris.
New brand: Olaf Swantee, UK CEO of EE, announces the group's rebrand
The mobile operator, which encompasses the Orange and T-Mobile brands, has consolidated its press office agency support under Nelson Bostock.
The agency, which EE first hired in October 2011, will manage Orange and EE press office and campaigns, as well as the existing T-Mobile PR activity.
In addition M&C PR has been appointed to oversee the B2B PR program for EE’s brands through 2013.
It is thought that both appointments come on the back of the agencies’ work on the launch of 4G and the rebrand from Everything Everywhere to EE earlier this year.
M&C PR’s brief is in addition to that held by M&C Saatchi Sports & Entertainment, which handles consumer entertainment campaigns.
PRWeek broke the story in October that EE had brought in FTI Consulting’s strategic comms arm to support its corporate PR. That work remains unaffected by the latest reshuffle.
The changes bring an end to EE’s relationship with GolinHarris, which has worked on the Orange brand for six years.
Mat Sears, head of PR & corporate comms, EE confirmed the agency changes, adding: ‘We’d like to thank Golin Harris for their exceptional work over the last six years and wish them well for the future.’
Matt Neale, International President, GolinHarris, commented: ‘It's been a privilege to work for the Orange brand for six years under the leadership of Stu Jackson. We wish everyone at Orange all the very best - they are an awesome team.’
EE’s former comms boss Jackson took a more strategic business-focussed role in the group in September. He became director, CEO office, working with UK CEO Olaf Swantee, supporting the day-to-day running of the business as well as Swantee’s personal and business comms.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london