Andrew Gowers to head Trafigura corporate comms
Former BP and Lehman Brothers comms chief Andrew Gowers is to head global corporate affairs at commodities trading giant Trafigura.
Andrew Gowers: Heading to Trafigura
Gowers will leave his current role as director of external relations at the Association for Financial Markets in Europe in mid-March to take up the role in April.
Reporting to Trafigura chief financial officer Pierre Lorinet, Gowers will manage reputation, media and government relations, and internal communications for the company. He will also be responsible for handling communications around health and safety and sustainability.
Gowers replaces Mark Eadie, who left the company in November to pursue other opportunities.
Gowers told PRWeek: ‘It’s an exciting opportunity to work for a big and successful company. There’s lots to do.’
The former FT editor was previously comms chief at Lehman Brothers and was head of media at BP during the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Bell Pottinger-advised Trafigura hit headlines in the UK in 2009 when it attempted to prevent the reporting of a question raised in Parliament with the help of law firm Carter Ruck.
More recently reports suggest the multinational plans to float subsidiary Puma Energy on the London Stock Exchange. However Trafigura said it has no immediate plans and an IPO could be one of various options at some point in the future.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...