ISBA challenges 'ill-thought out' EU data protection report
ISBA has expressed concern that the European Parliament’s draft report on the Data Protection Regulation imposes significant new restrictions and definitions for advertisers, and will contradict the EU Charter on fundamental rights.
Ian Twinn: slams latest EU data protection proposals
The report by the Civil Liberties Committee, which was released on Wednesday, forms part of Brussels' efforts to reform data laws.
Ian Twinn, ISBA's director of public affairs, said: "The EU's data protection proposal just got much worse. Advertisers will be concerned about the widening of the definition of 'personal data' and the extension of the need for 'explicit consent'.
Twinn added that the "right to be forgotten" had also been included, "without any acknowledgement that it is in fact undeliverable".
He said: "We will continue to lobby Brussels, with the World Federation of Advertisers, to bring some common sense back into the debate and try to mitigate the harm that these ill-thought out proposals represent to our members."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)