Asda comms chief Sian Jarvis steps down
Asda corporate affairs director Sian Jarvis has stepped down from her role at the supermarket.
Sian Jarvis: leaving Asda
Jarvis, who led the retailer’s PR and corporate affairs functions, has left the firm but will continue to working with Asda as a consultant supporting its strategic comms.
She told PRWeek that her decision to step down was due to her wish to better balance her home life by working full-time in London, rather than the Leeds/London split the Asda role entailed.
Jarvis’ work with Asda will not be on an exclusive basis, and she suggested she may launch a consultancy at some point in the future.
Jarvis was brought into the retailer by Asda chief executive Andy Clarke, who created a new role for her to oversee all aspects of the supermarket’s communications.
Asda’s PR and corporate affairs teams will now report into chief marketing officer Steve Smith.
Jarvis joined Asda in January 2012 having previously been director-general for comms at the Department of Health since 2004. She joined the DH as head of news in 1999 after working as a political correspondent GMTV and a journalist for BBC television and radio.
Seperately Asda has hired Russell Craig from Manchester Airport Group as head of PR, replacing Nick Agarwal who became corporate affairs director for the University of Sheffield.
Asda is the second largest supermarket in the UK, behind Tesco, with a market share of 17.6 per cent.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...