YouTube focuses on high-quality content with Vevo investment
YouTube is seeking to expand its move into content partnerships by investing in music video site Vevo.
Vevo: YouTube is reportedly about to take £42m stake in music video site
Google-owned YouTube is reportedly set to take a £42m stake in Vevo, which would give it a 10% share in the site. The deal is expected to be announced by Vevo in the coming weeks.
Vevo is also expected to renew an agreement to continue to host millions of music videos on YouTube, as part of the deal.
A Google spokeswoman said: "While we don't comment on individual negotiations, we always hope to renew our relationships with valuable partners, so we can continue to provide YouTube users with the best possible music experience."
The news comes after YouTube poured $35m (£22m) of funding into gaming video network Machinima last year, as it explores content tie-ups to make the YouTube brand a more prestigious content offering.
YouTube is also in the process of attempting to break the norms of film marketing by premiering documentaries on the site as an alternative to the "theatrical window".
The first such effort had Google partnering with Sam Branson's production company Sundog Pictures, in order to premiere the drug documentary 'Breaking the Taboo'.
Vevo could not be reached for comment at the time of publishing.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...