Guardian boosts video content with Nowness.com partnership
Guardian News & Media has formed a multimedia partnership with the website owned by luxury group, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, called Nowness.com.
GNM: snowboarder film marks start of partnership with Nowness.com
The collaboration will feature the Guardian website selecting and hosting Nowness.com’s videos on contemporary culture and global lifestyles, deemed to "reflect the interests of GNM audiences".
The multimedia offering includes the fields of fashion, art, travel and gastronomy, and the first piece is 'LED Surfer' by fashion photographer and filmmaker Jacob Sutton.
The short film was shot on the slopes of Tignes in the Rhône-Alpes region of south-eastern France and shows pro-snowboarder William Hughes boarding down the snow-covered French hills in a bespoke LED-enveloped suit.
Dipesh Mojaria, business director for multimedia at GNM, said the partnership would provide "an invaluable resource and will enhance our life and style multimedia offering".
The commercial model is based on pre-roll ads, the revenue of which is split 50/50 between the Guardian and Nowness. This week's launch advertisers include HSBC, Volkswagen and Intel.
Launched in 2010, Nowness.com aims to be a hub for exclusive cutting-edge content that is "aesthetically and culturally engaging". It has a remit to "inform and inspire" and has featured work from leading filmmakers, photographers and trendsetters, including Spike Jonze, David Lynch, and Miranda July.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...