Magazine ABCs: Easy Living bright spark in tough glossy sector
Condé Nast's Easy Living bucked the trend in a struggling women's glossy magazine market in the last six months of 2012 by increasing its circulation by 7.1% year on year to 150,020.
According to figures from the Audit Bureau of Circulations for the second half of 2012, Condé Nast’s Easy Living was the only paid-for glossy magazine from a major publisher to increase its circulation year on year.
Easy Living’s sister magazine Glamour continued to be the biggest women’s glossy by circulation in the final six months of 2012. Glamour’s circulation was 424,077, a decline of 9.1% year on year and 9.8% period on period.
However, the second biggest magazine in the sector, Hearst Magazines UK’s Good Housekeeping, did not experience Glamour’s significant period-on-period drop and so managed to narrow the gap between the two titles.
Good Housekeeping had an average circulation of 409,326 in the final six months of 2012, down 8.7% year on year but a decrease of just 0.2% compared to the six months to 30 June 2012.
Bauer Media’s Grazia, which is a weekly glossy magazine, had an average circulation of 186,493 in the six months to 31 December 2012, a decrease of 9.2% year on year and 1.9% compared to the first half of 2012.
Dec end 2012
|Woman & Home||352,586||-0.3%||-7.2%|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...