Brothers Cider unveils premium packaging
Brothers Cider has revamped the packaging across its range and is rolling out a £5m marketing campaign to promote it as a premium brand.
Brothers: unveils its premium packaging
The move comes as the brand celebrates its fifth year on sale in the on-and-off trade sectors – previously it was only available at the Glastonbury festival.
The new look uses a mixture of classic and modern typefaces alongside new illustrations, and elements of an early design drawn up by the wife of one of the company's eponymous brothers.
It will make its debut on the 500ml bottle range of Strawberry, Wild Fruit (previously Tutti Frutti) and Toffee Apple-flavoured ciders, together with the signature 7% ABV Festival Pear Cider. Over the coming months, the new design will roll out across the full range of bottles and cans.
The relaunched packaging will be backed by a £5m UK-wide marketing push across outdoor and digital advertising, as well as sampling with the aim of reaching 20 million consumers.
Matthew Showering, one of the four brothers who founded the Somerset company, said that while the company had been a success, "keeping the brand as a genuine and effective choice amongst the now rather crowded cider and fruit-flavoured fixture requires constant innovation.
"This next stage of our journey reflects the changing needs in the British cider market. We know more people than ever are drinking cider and we recognise the early adopters of Brothers who discovered our cider at Glastonbury have grown older and wiser."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)