Mattel calls review of European agency roster
Mattel, the toymaker behind Barbie and Fisher Price, is reviewing its European advertising agency roster.
Barbie: O&M on alert
The company has approached a number of agencies ahead of a formal pitch, which has yet to begin.
Ogilvy & Mather has handled Mattel’s ad business since 1954. It works on Mattel’s European advertising and also oversees the Barbie brand globally.
The toy company’s European headquarters in Germany is thought to be assessing the agency roster after a recent internal restructure.
Mattel would like an agency to handle European strategic advertising as well as adapt regional and global ad campaigns. The account will also involve retail promotion.
In 2011, O&M created Mattel’s first UK-specific brand campaign for Barbie in an attempt to revive the doll’s "cool factor".
The two ads, "red carpet" and "salon", featured fans screaming at Barbie as she walked up a red carpet and the doll at a pampering session.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)