JWT India fires team behind controversial Ford ads
The JWT India creative team responsible for a series of print ads featuring images of scantily clad bound and gagged women in the back of a Ford car, has been fired.
JWT: agency fires India-based creative team behind contoversial Ford ads
The ads, which were not approved by JWT’s client Ford, were posted on the website Adsoftheworld.com last week, but were subsequently removed.
However, they had already attracted worldwide condemnation given that India has been embroiled in a series of shocking sex attacks on women, including the gang rape of a student on a Delhi bus.
In a statement, JWT said: "After a thorough internal review, we have taken appropriate disciplinary action with those involved, which included the exit of employees at JWT.
"These were necessary steps owing to the direct accountability of the concerned individuals, as we work to ensure that both the right oversight and processes are strictly enforced so that this never happens again."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care, London
- Account Director Gemini Search £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe