Imperial War Museums seeks shop for WWI task
The Imperial War Museums is looking for an advertising agency to work on a campaign to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War.
Imperial War Museums: pitch
Agencies have been approached through AAR about creating the campaign, which is expected to break next year to coincide with an exhibition marking 100 years since the Great War began.
The Imperial War Museums’ main London site is temporarily closed to prepare for the 2014 exhibition. This will allow it to build larger galleries to accommodate exhibits and an expected increase in visitors.
Agencies that have worked with the museum in the past include The Good Agency on a legacy drive and Ogilvy & Mather, which won awards in 2007 for its poster activity.
More recently, the branding shop NB has worked on campaigns to promote the Churchill War Rooms and HMS Belfast.
The communications agency The Team devised a Twitter and blogging campaign to encourage people to visit the museums in Easter 2009. A character known as Mrs Sew & Sew Tweeted wartime tips and tricks for cooking and housekeeping.
The Imperial War Museums’ mission is to encourage the study and understanding of the history of modern war and "wartime experience".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London