Agencies wary of GPS media pitch
Media agencies have expressed caution over applying for a place on the Government's media strategy framework after claiming that ad agencies were "burned" in the creative framework process that concluded in February.
Change4Life: media activity falls under the Government media framework's remit
A tender has been issued to identify up to 18 agencies to take a place on the new planning and strategy roster, with a decision expected by September.
The Government Procurement Service, which is running the process, held discussions with the IPA before releasing the tender. This followed complaints from creative agencies, including Mother and Dare, which did not make the creative framework despite significant government experience.
One senior media agency source said: "We really feel for our creative agency colleagues who got burned and rejected from the creative framework, which ignored many agencies with an amazing track record. We are approaching the framework with a sense of caution and hoping that we are able to demonstrate our strengths clearly to the GPS."
Another executive admitted to being "nervous" about the framework and claimed that "the quality of the creative work was not necessarily taken into account when the first framework was set up".
A Cabinet Office spokeswoman said: "It is critical that government gets the best insight [for communications campaigns], irrespective of the size of the company. To ensure we can do this, GPS operates a transparent and fair tendering process."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)