Agencies wary of GPS media pitch
Media agencies have expressed caution over applying for a place on the Government's media strategy framework after claiming that ad agencies were "burned" in the creative framework process that concluded in February.
Change4Life: media activity falls under the Government media framework's remit
A tender has been issued to identify up to 18 agencies to take a place on the new planning and strategy roster, with a decision expected by September.
The Government Procurement Service, which is running the process, held discussions with the IPA before releasing the tender. This followed complaints from creative agencies, including Mother and Dare, which did not make the creative framework despite significant government experience.
One senior media agency source said: "We really feel for our creative agency colleagues who got burned and rejected from the creative framework, which ignored many agencies with an amazing track record. We are approaching the framework with a sense of caution and hoping that we are able to demonstrate our strengths clearly to the GPS."
Another executive admitted to being "nervous" about the framework and claimed that "the quality of the creative work was not necessarily taken into account when the first framework was set up".
A Cabinet Office spokeswoman said: "It is critical that government gets the best insight [for communications campaigns], irrespective of the size of the company. To ensure we can do this, GPS operates a transparent and fair tendering process."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- PR Account Manager- Wine and Spirits Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London