Emirates kicks off review of £100m global media account
Emirates is in the early stages of reviewing its global media arrangements, estimated to be worth £100 million.
Emirates: Starcom MediaVest Group is the incumbent
Starcom MediaVest Group has held the business for five years.
In 2008, the Publicis Groupe agency beat OMD in a final pitch in a process that also involved the then incumbent, MediaCom, and Carat.
The review will be procurement-led and the successful shop will handle Emirates’ media planning and buying across all global markets.
Emirates spent £10.6 million on media in the UK last year, according to Nielsen.
The 2008 review was run out of Dubai and led to Emirates consolidating its worldwide media account into Publicis Groupe.
The airline had previously worked with more than 20 agencies around the world.
StrawberryFrog holds the global creative business, while Publicis Chemistry worked on the UK creative account until a review was called in August last year.
It is thought that the UK review has not yet concluded.
Emirates appointed Razorfish in April 2012 to handle global social media activity in a bid to establish the brand on social platforms.
Starcom MediaVest Group and Emirates declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London