Isobar drops 'Glue' prefix in global realignment
Glue Isobar, the Dentsu-owned digital agency, is dropping the 'Glue' prefix from its name in the first step of a global realignment of the Isobar network.
Mark Cranmer: global chief executive of Isobar
The London-based agency will be renamed Isobar by the end of this month, with the other agencies in the 53 Isobar offices around the world expected to follow suit and remove their additional names in the coming months.
The Isobar network is part of Aegis Media, which was bought by Dentsu in March for £3.2 billion.
It has agencies in 36 countries, which were mostly acquired through acquisition, such as Age Isobar in Sao Paulo, Roundarch Isobar in New York and Hypermedia Isobar in Poland.
The name change reflects Glue Isobar’s aim to work in a "borderless" way with international clients, drawing on global insights from the network, according to Mark Cranmer, the global chief executive of Isobar.
The much-lauded agency Glue was founded by Mark Cridge in 1999 and bought by Aegis in 2005. Last June, Cridge, who was the global managing director of Isobar, decided not to return to the network after a six-month sabbatical.
Cranmer said: "We are increasingly asked to provide our clients with borderless solutions, tapping into talent and skills we have throughout our global agency. They are able to access our depth and breadth of capabilities, which we are able to offer in all regions, making Isobar synonymous with worldwide strength.
"The name change is a natural evolution for our business as we now align as a global business and brand to service our clients."
In the past two years, Glue Isobar has added Kellogg’s, Pringles, Google, Scottish Power, the Guardian and Toyota to its client list.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London