L'Oréal reviews £135m UK and Ireland media
L'Oréal has called a review of its £135 million UK and Ireland media account, currently held by ZenithOptimedia.
L'Oréal: media review
It is thought that the review is motivated by a desire to ensure L’Oréal is working with the best media partners as it looks to integrate its marketing communications further and improve its social media presence.
The business includes media planning and buying for all of the company’s brands, which include L’Oréal, Garnier, Maybelline, Lancôme, YSL Beauty and Kérastase. The account was worth £135 million in 2012, according to Nielsen.
ID Comms is assisting with the process and is approaching all major marketing and communications holding companies.
L’Oréal said in its results for 2012 that the company performed particularly well in the UK last year.
ZenithOptimedia has held the UK and Ireland business since 2005, when it won the consolidated account in a pitch against UM, which was the incumbent on the majority of the business and had worked with L’Oréal for more than 15 years.
The review does not affect L’Oréal’s other relationships, such as with Publicis and Interpublic’s McCann Worldgroup, which handle the creative account. However, it is thought that the brand wants its agencies to work better together.
Gayle Noah, the media manager at L’Oréal UK and Ireland, said: "L’Oréal is a hugely successful, dynamic business and we are always looking for ways to improve our marketing performance.
"As one of the UK’s leading advertisers, we want to ensure we are working with the UK’s best media agency to help us connect with our current and potential consumers to drive our business even further.
"We look forward to seeing how participating agencies respond to the strategic, operational and commercial challenges we are preparing as part of this review."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Brand Manager Nigel Wright Recruitment £50000 - £55000 Per Annum, South East (Home Counties)