Legoland seeks shop ahead of IPO
Legoland is looking to appoint an advertising agency to promote its theme parks across Europe and the US as its owner, Merlin Entertainments Group, plans a stock market flotation.
Legoland: worked with DLKW Lowe on a project basis
The process, run through AAR, is in its early stages.
Agencies received requests for information on 19 July. It is not yet known when formal pitches will be held.
DLKW Lowe has worked with Legoland on a project basis since 2005, when it won a contested pitch against CHI & Partners and WCRS.
Also in 2005, the private-equity company Blackstone acquired Legoland for $375 million and packaged the business into Merlin.
Turnover at Merlin exceeded £1 billion in the 2012 financial year. The Legoland pitch comes as it looks to launch an initial public offering that could value the business at as much as £4 billion.
Merlin could not be reached for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London