Government consolidates RAF and Navy advertising accounts
The Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy are looking to appoint a shop to run both of their recruitment campaigns, as the Government seeks to cut costs on ad agencies.
Royal Navy: RKCR/Y&R has worked on its advertising account
A spokesman from the Cabinet Office said that the RAF and the Navy would jointly appoint a shop to run their recruitment drive for the next three years in a bid to obtain the best value and share best practice.
The pitch will be run through the Government Procurement Service. The spokesman said the tender would be issued in the "near future". One agency source said they expected the brief next week.
WCRS is the incumbent on the Navy business. Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which has previously handled the Navy’s advertising, won the account in 1988. DLKW Lowe has worked on the RAF’s recruitment advertising since 2004.
Both agencies are on the Government’s creative roster and eligible to pitch for the combined brief.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)