TBWA scoops Grand Prize for iPod at Effie Awards
NEW YORK - TBWA\Chiat\Day took the Grand prize at the Effie Awards last night for its global 'Silhouettes' campaign for the Apple iPod, fighting off competition from Leo Burnett, which scooped the most awards on the night.
As well as winning the Grand Effie for Most Effective Campaign for its iconic iPod work, TBWA took home a Gold Effie in the Consumer Electronics category and a Gold Global Effie, which recognises campaigns that have proven effective in six or more countries across two or more regions.
The iPod ads have become instantly recognisable for their music and background imagery, with a single-colour silhouette of a character dancing while using their music player.
Omnicom scored the most Gold Effies on the night with 11 wins, followed by Publicis Groupe with nine, WPP Group with five, Interpublic Group with four, Havas with three and Dentsu taking just one.
Leo Burnett landed the most Effies of any agency, 12 in total, comprising three golds, six silvers and three bronze for clients such as Kellogg's, Procter & Gamble, McDonald's and Morgan Stanley.
BBDO scooped eight Effies and TBWA seven, including the Grand Effie.
Mary Lee Keane, executive director of the New York Marketing Association, said: "Our Grand Effie winner honours a product at the forefront of popular culture complemented by a creative, breakthrough marketing campaign that has proven to skyrocket sales.
"In addition, this year it was interesting to take a look at the holding companies with the most effective campaigns that drive their clients' business. Although some of the giant holding companies ranked high, the independent category held its own."
The awards are the only event that recognise effective ad and marketing campaigns that have achieved marketplace results, and are presented by the New York Marketing Association each year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex