Apple tops list of fastest growing brands as digital overtakes traditional
LONDON - Apple, creator of the iPod, is the fastest growing brand in the world, with internet brands Google, Amazon, Yahoo! and eBay following close behind, pushing notoriously powerful brands like Coca-Cola off the list.
According to marketing consultants Vivaldi Partners and Forbes, Apple has managed to increase its brand value by 38% in the last four years -- largely thanks to the ubiquity of its portable music device iPod.
Handheld email and phone device Blackberry and internet search engine Google tied in second place with 36% growth, putting websites Amazon and Yahoo! in fourth and fifth place respectively with 35% and 33%.
Power brands like Coca-Cola and McDonald's, which typically spend the most on advertising, did not even make it into the top 20.
Sports giant Nike came in 16th place while Japanese car marque Toyota, with the highest brand value of $25.8bn, came in 17th place.
The report describes the growth brands as having "outperformed their peers in their respective markets during the past four years and are likely to continue to do so into the future".
The Next Generation of Growth Brands is based on compound annual growth rate in brand value between 2001 and 2005.
Brand Brand Value Increase
1. Apple 38%
2. Blackberry 36%
3. Google 36%
4. Amazon 35%
5. Yahoo! 33%
6. eBay 31%
7. Red Bull 31%
8. Starbucks 24%
9. Pixar 23%
10. Coach 22%
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)