Cinzano seeks agency for advertising comeback
LONDON - Cinzano, the vermouth brand made famous in the 70s by its ads featuring Joan Collins and a clumsy Leonard Rossiter, is preparing to make an advertising comeback.
Campari International is talking to agencies across Europe about a campaign for its Cinzano and Campari brands. The company, which has not advertised in the UK for several years, is looking to create a pan-European campaign.
Cinzano's most famous work was created by Collett Dickenson Pearce and directed by Alan Parker. A series of 10 commercials poked fun at conventional aperitif advertising, specifically the market-leader Martini's "flawless people" ads. They revolved around the music-hall trick of the bungling fool (Rossiter) inadvertently throwing his drink over the woman (Collins) but not realising he had done it.
No one at Campari was available for comment as Campaign went to press.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...