Lindsay Lohan taken off posters to promote Herbie: Fully Loaded
LONDON - Movie bosses have decided to take teen star Lindsay Lohan off posters to promote 'Herbie: Fully Loaded' because the blonde-haired, shrinking actress looks nothing like the red-headed busty girl in the original picture, according to reports.
The actress, who has starred in films such as 'Freaky Friday' and 'The Parent Trap', has been taken off the original posters where she dominated the shot with the car in the background.
The new posters feature one of just the car and another of the car with a very small picture of Lindsay in the background along with other cast members.
According to an article in The New York Post, the actress is said to be fuming that she was not told about the changes after a screening in Hollywood on Sunday.
Lohan was also said to be angry because the song she did for the film's big racing scene was put in the end credits.
Images of the star in the film have already caused controversy after parents argued that Lindsay Lohan's character was too busty and revealingly dressed for a children's film.
It was claimed that Disney technicians have gone back and digitally raised necklines on her shirts and reduced the appearance of her breasts by two cup sizes.
However, Angela Robinson, the director of the film, denies any behind-the-scenes alterations to prevent Lohan being too sexy for the film.
"No, we didn't digitally reduce her boobs," she said.
In the film, Lohan stars as Maggie Peyton, the new owner of number 53, the Volkswagen Beetle with a mind of its own.
Herbie started his life in 1969 with 'The Love Bug', followed by three sequels, including 'Herbie goes Bananas' in 1980, and a subsequent television series until the Beetle went into retirement in 1997.
The movie also stars Michael Keaton, Matt Dillon, Breckin Meyer, Justin Long, Cheryl Hines, Jill Ritchie and will be released in UK cinemas on June 24.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire