Lindsay Lohan taken off posters to promote Herbie: Fully Loaded
LONDON - Movie bosses have decided to take teen star Lindsay Lohan off posters to promote 'Herbie: Fully Loaded' because the blonde-haired, shrinking actress looks nothing like the red-headed busty girl in the original picture, according to reports.
The actress, who has starred in films such as 'Freaky Friday' and 'The Parent Trap', has been taken off the original posters where she dominated the shot with the car in the background.
The new posters feature one of just the car and another of the car with a very small picture of Lindsay in the background along with other cast members.
According to an article in The New York Post, the actress is said to be fuming that she was not told about the changes after a screening in Hollywood on Sunday.
Lohan was also said to be angry because the song she did for the film's big racing scene was put in the end credits.
Images of the star in the film have already caused controversy after parents argued that Lindsay Lohan's character was too busty and revealingly dressed for a children's film.
It was claimed that Disney technicians have gone back and digitally raised necklines on her shirts and reduced the appearance of her breasts by two cup sizes.
However, Angela Robinson, the director of the film, denies any behind-the-scenes alterations to prevent Lohan being too sexy for the film.
"No, we didn't digitally reduce her boobs," she said.
In the film, Lohan stars as Maggie Peyton, the new owner of number 53, the Volkswagen Beetle with a mind of its own.
Herbie started his life in 1969 with 'The Love Bug', followed by three sequels, including 'Herbie goes Bananas' in 1980, and a subsequent television series until the Beetle went into retirement in 1997.
The movie also stars Michael Keaton, Matt Dillon, Breckin Meyer, Justin Long, Cheryl Hines, Jill Ritchie and will be released in UK cinemas on June 24.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London