Lynx plants risque ad under Gatwick flight path
LONDON - Young holidaymakers flying in and out of Gatwick this summer will be treated to the spectacle of a giant threesome frolicking naked in a field -- courtesy of male bodycare brand Lynx.
The Unilever-owned brand is painting the 100,000-square-foot image on a field under the flight path to Gatwick Airport.
The outdoor ad, which features the strapline "Spray more, get more", ties into the brand's £11m summer campaign; the TV work broke earlier this month. One of the biggest outdoor ads ever created in the UK, the image will remain on the site from July 18 to August 14.
The artwork, which mimics the design of the Cerne Abbas Giant -- the chalk man carved in-to a Dorset hillside -- is likely to attract criticism from watchdogs. Because they have an adult theme, the company has been ordered to show the TV ads only after 9pm.
The campaign was created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Flightpath Media. MindShare was responsible for media.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL BRANDING Royds Raphael £40k-£55k, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager- contract & permanent Royds Raphael £36k-£45k / £160-£200 day rate, London