Lynx plants risque ad under Gatwick flight path
LONDON - Young holidaymakers flying in and out of Gatwick this summer will be treated to the spectacle of a giant threesome frolicking naked in a field -- courtesy of male bodycare brand Lynx.
The Unilever-owned brand is painting the 100,000-square-foot image on a field under the flight path to Gatwick Airport.
The outdoor ad, which features the strapline "Spray more, get more", ties into the brand's £11m summer campaign; the TV work broke earlier this month. One of the biggest outdoor ads ever created in the UK, the image will remain on the site from July 18 to August 14.
The artwork, which mimics the design of the Cerne Abbas Giant -- the chalk man carved in-to a Dorset hillside -- is likely to attract criticism from watchdogs. Because they have an adult theme, the company has been ordered to show the TV ads only after 9pm.
The campaign was created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Flightpath Media. MindShare was responsible for media.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...